A senior member of the squad, Rachel Priest has made an international name for herself with her agile keeping abilities and strong form with the bat regardless of where she has been placed in the order.
Currently found in the top order, Priest received her first call-up in 2007 to replace wicketkeeper Rebecca Rolls, who had just announced her retirement from cricket (Rolls has since represented New Zealand at football in the 2015 World Cup). Priest says it was 'a bit of a shock' to get selected, and at the time of the call she was working in an orchard.
1. How did you get into cricket? Saw it on Tv and wanted to play from that
2. Where were you when you got the news that you’d made the WHITE FERNS team? At work
3. Favourite cricket moment / highlight? Playing in the world XI at Lord's
4. What’s your day job? Cricket
5. Do you have any rituals / superstitions? Always put my left pad on first
6. What do you do in your spare time to relax? Watch Netflix
7. Do you have any hidden talents? Fast reader
8. Who inspires you? My family
9. Person you’d most like to have a selfie with? The Queen
10. What advice would you give to young budding WHITE FERNS? Watch cricket and practise lots