Canterbury right-arm legbreak bowler Erin Bermingham made her Twenty20 WHITE FERNS debut in the 2009/2010 season, her One-Day International debut following on the 2010 tour of England and provides experienced back-up in the spin department.
1. How did you get into cricket? I have two older brothers and playing backyard cricket was something that we did whenever we could. I grew up playing in boys teams and for a long time I didn't even realise women's cricket existed
2. Where were you when you got the news that you’d made the WHITE FERNS team? I was living with my brother and his now wife, it was great to be able to share that moment with family, they have been my main support
3. What’s your day job? I am a Front line Police Officer in Christchurch
4. What do you do in your spare time to relax? When I do get some time off I like to spend it with my nieces and nephews
5. Who inspires you? Roger Federer, he is a remarkable athlete
6. What advice would you give to young budding WHITE FERNS? Enjoy what you do and don't be so hard on yourself