CRIC-KIDS Education Resource
CRIC-KIDS is a new education resource celebrating Aotearoa hosting the ICC Women’s Cricket World Cup 2022 (CWC22).
In March and April 2022, New Zealand will host 31 matches across 31 action-packed days in six host cities. This tournament falls at a pivotal time in women’s sport with our country hosting three fantastic Women’s World Cups over the next 18 months (CWC in 2022, RWC in 2022 and FIFAWC in 2023).
One of the key legacy initiatives for CWC22 is CRIC-KIDS – an educational resource designed in collaboration with New Zealand Cricket, endorsed by the Ministry of Education and supported by the New Zealand Government.
To download the lockdown edition of CRIC-KIDS, 10 at-home activities available in Te reo Māori and English that require minimal space, little to no equipment and are self-driven – you can click on the links below.
Schools, kura and community organisations can register now for the full CRIC-KIDS resource below – 45 stand-alone tasks which bring to life the excitement of the CWC22 in a learning context, particularly highlighting the importance of Hauora and wellbeing.
What is CRIC-KIDS?
- A bi-lingual educational resource created by kaiako and educators, available in both Te reo Māori and English
- Made up of 45 fun, stand alone tasks that reach across different learning areas in the National Curriculum
- Designed for learners in Years 3–8 in Term 4 and Term 1, across a variety of settings and contexts – schools, Te Kura Kaupapa Māori (TKKM), holiday programmes, community and sports groups
- Wellbeing and hauora are key themes
- Event-based tasks are suitable for use at CWC22 matches
- Celebrating the game of cricket and New Zealand’s role in hosting the tournament, and bringing this to life in a learning context for our tamariki
Schools and TKKM have the opportunity to secure tickets to attend matches in their host city.
Find matches in your nearest stadium here.
How do you register?
CRIC-KIDS is available to all primary and intermediate schools, TKKM, cricket and community groups across Aotearoa. Don’t miss out on the CRIC-KIDS resource, and the unique opportunity to be part of a live cricket match.
We can’t wait to hear how you are getting amongst the excitement of the ICC Women’s Cricket World Cup 2022!
If you have any questions or would like further information, please contact email@example.com