Cricket is New Zealand’s premier summer sport with 170,000 people currently playing the game, making it one of the most widely played sports in the country.
NZC’s vision is focused on ensuring cricket is a game that can be played anywhere, by anyone. Whatever their circumstances, New Zealanders will be given every reason to celebrate and engage with cricket as their game.
We have a high-performance culture, underpinned by quality people, systems and facilities, helping to produce winning BLACKCAPS and WHITE FERNS who inspire the nation and represent the best of New Zealand’s values and culture.
Cricket is one family, with quality and consistency that nurtures the game at all level and provides pathways towards success on the international stage. NZC takes a global approach and perspective to our activities for the betterment of the game in New Zealand.
We’re a passionate and enthusiastic organisation committed to living and breathing our purpose: connecting New Zealanders through our spirit of cricket.
New Zealand Cricket’s constitution requires the retirement by rotation of three directors for this upcoming year. Retiring directors Martin Snedden, Don Mackinnon and Geoff Allott will be seeking re-election. Sheffield Search is assisting NZC’s Board Appointments Panel to facilitate this process. For further information or to apply please click here.
The purpose of this role is to support with the planning and delivery of NZC events to achieve world class standards in venue operations and event delivery.
The Events Coordinator will be responsible for supporting with the planning and delivery of all NZC events, including BLACKCAPS and WHITE FERNS international matches, and where required; season launches, commercial sponsor events, team appearances, corporate hospitality and the annual awards night.
The successful applicant will have:
- Demonstrated experience in a past event coordination role
- Experience working with stakeholders, including but not limited to, venue authorities, councils (or similar) and national or international sport bodies
- Strong general administration skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and organise multiple projects with changing priorities and deadlines, emerging issues, and keeping the delivery team informed
- Knows how to get things done both through formal channels and informal networks
- Ability to manage allocated resources to achieve targeted goals
- A driver’s licence required (Restricted Licence at least)
The ideal applicant will have a:
A driver’s licence (Restricted Licence at least) and be tertiary qualified in Event, Venue and/or Sports Management or other relevant management qualifications
Candidates should email a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close on Monday, 10 September 2018. Please note all applicants must have the legal right to work in New Zealand.
Commercial Coordinator - fixed term role
We have a full time, 5-month fixed term Commercial Coordinator position available, reporting to the Commercial Partnership Manager. This role is a Partnership Servicing role, responsible for efficiently delivering benefits to a key NZC Partner plus additional Partners as required.
The ideal person will have:
• Experience working within a sports environment and/or event organiser role with at least 2-3 years’ experience
• Practical account management/activation experience
• Substantial experience working with highly confidential information
• Experience in using event planning and delivery tools and processes
• Previous experience of working in a commercial/ client facing environment required (marketing/brand management)
Candidates should email a CV and covering letter to email@example.com. Applications close on Monday 17 September at 12pm. Please note all applicants must have the legal right to work in New Zealand.