Cricket is New Zealand’s premier summer sport with 170,000 people currently playing the game, making it one of the most widely played sports in the country.
NZC’s vision is focused on ensuring cricket is a game that can be played anywhere, by anyone. Whatever their circumstances, New Zealanders will be given every reason to celebrate and engage with cricket as their game.
We have a high-performance culture, underpinned by quality people, systems and facilities, helping to produce winning BLACKCAPS and WHITE FERNS who inspire the nation and represent the best of New Zealand’s values and culture.
Cricket is one family, with quality and consistency that nurtures the game at all level and provides pathways towards success on the international stage. NZC takes a global approach and perspective to our activities for the betterment of the game in New Zealand.
We’re a passionate and enthusiastic organisation committed to living and breathing our purpose: connecting New Zealanders through our spirit of cricket.
Head Coach - Auckland Aces
The Auckland Aces Head Coach position is a key part in ensuring that Auckland Cricket is the ‘association of choice’ at the domestic level. It is a position where responsibility and achievement over a period of time manifest itself through a culture and environment of continual development. The Aces Head Coach drives the Aces High Performance Plan by developing and maintaining a confident team culture that is based on; trust, partnerships and accountability. The Aces Head Coach ensures player led development and growth leads to the promotion of BLACKCAPS that will result in an environment where the Aces are winning trophies consistently.
The aim of Auckland Cricket High Performance Department
The vision of Auckland Cricket’s High-Performance Department is to be the ‘association of choice’ that primarily develops great players and people in New Zealand. Through athlete centered development we create international players that are selected and excel for the BLACKCAPS and WHITE FERNS. Our high performance values set the foundation of our behaviours; they define how we interact with each other and ultimately how the community perceive us. Our values are:
We uphold high consistent standards of behaviours, have deep respect for honesty.
Continually searching for a better way, accepting and celebrating difference.
We challenge each other for a better way, we enjoy tension when facing challenge and embrace progress.
We are responsible for our actions and how we behave and interact. We share credit and responsibility in the protection and promotion of wellbeing.
With effort, skill and courage we embrace success and failure to develop well rounded individuals and athletes. When we carry out our plans we will achieve as individuals and as a team.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- A strong and well-developed coaching philosophy around athlete centered coaching and the development of high performing athletes.
- A successful record as a coach or assistant coach at first-class and/or international level.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with an ability to motivate, communicate and positively influence players and other stakeholders.
- An intrinsic belief in constant learning and self-development.
- A desire to see the growth and development of those both working with and for you.
- Coaching qualifications to NZC L3 or equivalent and/or participation in the NZC PCP.
Applications close 5pm 27th March
Interviews 4th & 5th April
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to register an interest and for a Position Description
Coaching Development Manager - Marlborough Cricket Association
Marlborough Cricket wishes to re-appoint a full time person to implement our coaching and development programme. We are looking for a suitably qualified person to be involved in both the delivery and design of our programmes. The role will have a key focus on growth of participation in cricket among school age players and ensuring that this is sustainable.
- Delivery of MCA / NZC Development programmes
- Provision of long term strategic direction for Community Cricket and Game Development
- Develop and deliver individual player coaching plans to identified players
- Support to club & rep coaches
- Support and delivery of programmes to Marlborough Schools
- Manage the delivery of junior cricket programmes and competitions
- Providing reports to General Manager and MCA Board
Requirements for a successful candidate include:
- Minimum NZC Level 2 or equivalent coaching qualification preferred
- Previous experience in delivering coaching and development programmes
- Passionate about sport and cricket in particular
- Prepared to work flexible hours including some weekend and evening work
- Ability to deal with people in a positive and enthusiastic manner
- Ability to develop coaching plans and to plan strategically
- Competent in the use of current Microsoft Office suite products
- Full NZ Driving Licence
If you feel you have the attributes for this exciting position, please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
A full job description is available on request
The closing date for applications is 18th March 2019.